Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Mercedes MTU
- Model: 183 AA 51
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 299hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 2020
- Engine Hours: 100
Model: Jongert 25DS
Shipyard: Jongert, Netherlands
Naval Architect: Jongert Design
Interior Designer: Peter Sijm
Year: 1992 refit 2008/2020/2021
Hull material: Steel
Length o. a.: 28.80 m / 94’5”
Length w. l.: 25.00 m / 82’
Beam: 6.70m / 21’11”
Draft: 3.80m / 12’ 5”
Displacement: 105.91 Tons
Engine: 1x Mercedes Benz MTU 299HP
Accommodation: 6/7 guests in 3 cabins
4 crew in 2 cabins
The Jongert 25DS HIDE N SEA is a 28,77m luxury cruising ketch with a steel hull and aluminium superstructure. She was built in 1992 by the renowned Dutch shipyard Jongert.
HIDE N SEA stands out from the popular classic 25 DS series with her separated pilot station in the forward part of the deck house. This area has three doors, two on stb and portside to access the deck and one to the guest seating area, allowing complete privacy for the owner and the guests in the aft deck house and al fresco dining area.
Under deck, the central saloon with large windows features on starboard a cosy bar with serving hatch to the galley and on the portside a large seating area with a beautifully crafted large dining table for eight that folds hydraulically into a cocktail table.
Aft of the saloon, HIDE N SEA accommodates six to seven guests, a full-width master stateroom with the typical aft Jongert transom windows and two large guest cabins (one with additional Pullman berth), all with en-suite bathrooms.
Forward of the saloon and separated with a sliding door to the saloon for privacy is the galley, the crew dinette and two crew cabins with en-suite bathrooms.
HIDE N SEA was purchased in 2018 by her current owner who sailed her for one season throughout the Med and then to the Jongert Shipyard in Holland for an extensive refit project in 2019 - 2020. The goal was to prepare her for an extensive world cruising program, but the owner changed his plans and decided to place her on the market for sale.
HIDE N SEA has completed a comprehensive refit and is now in good technical condition and ready for extended cruising.
An experienced yachtsman will acknowledge her great qualities as a safe, reliable and absolutely comfortable “world cruiser”.
Substantial refit HIDE N’SEA (build No: 370) at Jongert B.V. Netherlands
from September 2019 until October 2020
The yacht’s rigg was dismounted, the anchor and chain as well as all other deck gear and yacht equipment was taken off the Yacht and placed into storage. The masts and booms and standing rigging were taken off.
The yacht was hauled out, her underwater cleaned and then moved inside the Jongert shipyard building for the refit. The costs of the refit at Jongert was above 850.000,-€.
- The steel of the hull was measured via ultrasonic test and in the bow thruster area, where thickness was insufficient, the steel was cut and new steel plates were welded in, sandblasted, primered and painted.
- Throughout the Anchor chain locker, a rubber mat to protect the hull from the chain was installed.
- New Zinc anodes were installed
- The propeller shaft was taken out, overhauled, new seals mounted, checked and re-installed.
- The hull, super structure and deck house were repainted in Awlgrip snow white for hull and superstructure,
- Chevywhite for the deck and trim.
- The name plate was taken off and sanded, the Yacht’s name engraved
- The fuel tanks, including the day tank were cleaned professionally cleaned.
- The fresh water tanks, the grey water tank and black water tank in the bow were cleaned as well.
- New Antifouling was applied prior to launch
- The complete teak deck, handrails, tracks, blocks, dorades etc. was taken off, the deck sandblasted, measured with ultrasonic sound test to measure thickness. Where required the necessary repairs on the steel were made and primered.
- A levelling compound was applied on deck and deck salon roof, then painted with non-skid Awlgrip paint instead of the laying of a new teak deck for easy cleaning and upkeep.
- Stb and Port doors of steering station were repaired and painted.
- The door between steering station and seating area has been dismounted, repaired and re-installed.
- The Teak deck on aft platform and integrated gangway and swimming ladder was repaired
- A new dinghy support was made and installed
- All stainless steel on deck was polished professionally
- The stanchions taken off, polished and reinstalled. A new railing top and bottom line was installed.
- All winches were dismounted, serviced and repaired where necessary. New Switches for hydraulic winches installed.
- A new fore peak hatch was installed.
- A new Anchor chain bag that protects the steel hull was ordered for the anchor chain locker.
- The fore peak area and bow thruster tunnel sandblasted and levelled with flexovoss. Bowthruster and hydraulic motor serviced and a new bilge alarm installed.
- Two new backstay tensioners were installed. The boom was vang taken off, overhauled and re-installed.
- New mizzen sheet track installed.
- All turning blocks modified and re-installed.
- Main engine was taken out and completely rebuilt starting with a new main engine block, aligned and fixed with new rubber vibration blocks, new mufflers with their support.
- Fuel pump was overhauled, Alternator repaired, Starter repaired Injectors overhauled,
- The flexible coupling was renewed, sea water piping renewed, oil cooler renewed, cooling water expansion tank serviced and all re-installed, cooling water piping renewed.
- The Twin Disc transmission was serviced.
- The exhaust systems of main engine and generators were renewed.
- All rubber hoses and sea water piping replaced by new.
- The bilge pump was serviced and new bilge sensors installed.
- Both Generators were serviced and tested, all rubber tubes changed.
- The hydraulic system was overhauled, the filter and oil changed.
- A new fresh water pump was installed.
- 2x New battery banks for service and two new batteries for the start battery bank have been installed.
- Brooks and Gatehouse electronic navigation system have been updated / serviced
- 1x new speed sensor and 1x depth sensor has been installed
- B & G - new analogue instruments and one new display panel installed in deckhouse
Length o.a.: 28.80 m / 94’5”’
Length o.d. 25.00 m / 82’”
Beam: 6.70 m/ 21’11”
Draft: 3.80 m/ 12’ 5”
Displacement: 105.91 Tons
Hull: Steel (structural hull refit in 2015 and 2020/21, new antifouling)
Decks: Non-skid paint
Naval Architect: Peter Sijm
External Designer: Jongert
Keel: Fin keel
Rig: ROD Rigging BSA
Masts: Main 90’55”, mizzen 56’10”
Booms: Nirvana, Navtec main boom vang (hydraulic), flattening reef cylinder (hydraulic)
Spinnaker boom: Nirvana, aluminium
Reefing system: Reckmann hydro furl both fore stay (complete revision and partly new hydraulic in 2008)
Sails by: Doyle Sails (all new 2020)
Staysail Spectra Tri-Radial with 72,6 m²
Genoa Yankee Tri-Radial with 137.92 m²
Genacker: Super Cote 90 with 510 m² in storage at Vilanova y la Geltru, Spain
Mainsail: Full button Spectra Tri-Radial with 113.36 m²
Mizzen: Full button Spectra Spectra Tri-Radial with 33.79 m²
Sailcover: New sail covers made for main and mizzen in 2020
7 x Lewmar 550
4 x Lewmar 650
4 x Lewmar 700 (2 hydraulic)
2 x Lewmar 1200 series (hydraulic)
All winches were revised professionally in 2021, all buttons were renewed in 2021, All new covers for winches
Mercedes Benz MTU 183 AA 51, 10 cylinders 299 hp (220 kW)
Approximately 500 hours since renewal of engine rebuilt on 2020
MTU 4301 (completely overhauled in 2008) 5.832hrs in 11/2022
Onan 29 kVA, with 721hrs in 11/2022
Maximum speed: 12 knots
Cruising speed: 8-10 knots
Consumption (approx): 20 L. p/h at 9 knots approx.
Range: 1,800 nm at 8-10 knots approx.
Fuel: 4,000 L (2 tanks) (inspected and cleaned in 2020)
Fresh water: 3,200 L (2 tanks) (inspected and cleaned in 2020)
Grey water: 2 x grey
Black water: 2 x black
Bow thruster: Hydromat 45 hp (33 kW) serviced at Jongert 2020
Water maker: HEM series 25 4,300 L / day, serviced 2019
Air-conditioning: Marine Air 96000 BTU / 12 kW heating, serviced in in 2020
Voltage: 380 V Shore power
Shore power converter: 380 V
Inverter: 3 x Vectron 24 V/ 220 V (4500, 3000, 1200 VA) (New in 2008)
2 battery banks each consistent of 12x SONNENSCHEIN A 602/1510 2V each with a total of 2994 Ah / 24 V
3 x starter batteries 464 Ah (new in 2020)
Charger: 4 x 100 Amp 24 V Victron and 2 x 16 Amp 24 V
COMMUNICATION AND SATELLITE EQUIPMENT
Internet Wireless complete vessel
Access on bridge, Salon, owner’s cabin and crew area
Navtex: Nav 4
SSB radio: Icom IC-M801 GMDSS (A1 worldwide permission) – new in 2008
VHF: Sailor RT 5022 commercial and 1x handheld Aicom GM 1600
E GMDSS VHS (A1 worldwide permission) – new in 2008
Log: B & G Hydra 2000 2 x XTL + in unit
Depth sounder: B & G Hydra 2000 x 2
Autopilot: Segatron + Raytheon ST 7000+
Radar: Furuno NanNet Vx2 FR 1510 72 nm
GPS: FURUNO, GP 39, new
Wind speed & direction: B & G Hydra 2000
AIS: ICOM Class B AIS Transponder, new in 2021
Rudder indicator: VDO
Close-hauled and running: B & G Hydra 2000
Anchors & chain: 1 x 140 C6s, CQR
Windlass: LOFRANS “Ercole” serviced 2020
Passarelle: Yes, rebuilt 2020
Bathing ladder: 2
Bathing platform: Yes
Deck shower: Yes
Awning: Yes, in storage
Sun mattresses: Yes
Covers: Yes, in storage
Berths: 2 in one Queen size bed
Bathrooms: 1 en-suite
Berths: 4 single + 1 Pullman berth
Bathrooms: 2 en-suite
Berths: 4 upper/lower
Bathrooms: 2 en-suite
Saloon: 1 mid-section of the vessel with bar and retractable dining/bar table
Galley + crew mess: 1 mid/forward section
DOMESTIC APPLIANCES, EQUIPMENT AND LAUNDRY
Refrigerator: 2 x fridges
Freezer: 2 x freezers
Oven: Miele ceramic
Stove: Miele ceramic
Microwave: Miele (new in 2008)
Washing machine: Miele (new in 2008)
TV/ DVD: 3 x TV, 1 in crew mess, 1 in owner’s cabin, 1 in salon
Music system: 4 x Pioneer, 1 x Alpine, 1 hifi system in the saloon
SAFETY & SECURITY
EPIRB: Kannad Auto GPS Category 1 (new 2008)
SART: Radar transponder (new equipped in 2008)
Life rafts: 1 x Liferafts Zodiac 6 persons, new in 2020
Life jackets: 14 Falcon 275n
Fire–fighting equipment: Fire extinguishing system in engine room
6 (revision 2020) fire extinguishers
Alarms: Bilge alarm
Medical: MCA Class A medical kit
Ships safes: 1
Haas International offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.